Whether you enjoy the act of cleaning or it’s the bane of your existence, there are some tips and tricks out there to make the job easy, and dare we say it, fun! Check out this list of household cleaning tips you’ve never heard before to keep your home looking and feeling good!
- Blender: The best way to clean your blender is the same way you use it. Add some warm, soapy water and press blend! Let it swirl for 10-15 seconds, and you’ll have a spotless container without letting it soak or wasting time scrubbing away.
- Small Glass Jars: Unless we make our children use their tiny hands to clean tiny and or oddly shaped glasses, we may feel stuck when it comes to cleaning. However, there are a few ways to get inside those pesky Ball jars. First, use an old toothbrush. Disinfect it and scrub away! Secondly, take some uncooked rice, drop it in the glass with warm water and a few drops of liquid soap. Put the cap on, swirl it around, and vwa-la! A clean glass!
- Garbage Disposal: Sometimes the disposal can smell up the entire kitchen. This is an easy fix! You can use anything from citrus peels to a few drops of essential oils to change the fragrance of your space. Drop them down the shoot, let the disposal spin for just a few seconds, and notice the instant change in your space.
- Cutting Board: Avid cooks use their cutting boards daily, which means they are constantly getting used and reused. A great trick to getting the cutting board clean, and we mean really clean, is with soapy water and some lemon slices. Wipe down the board with warm, soapy water. Then, rub the lemon directly on the board. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse and cut away!
- Aluminum Baking Sheets: We all have one; a baking sheet that is covered in grease. There is a quick fix for bare aluminum baking sheets, and all you need is some hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Mix both items together in a spray bottle and spray onto the baking sheet. Let it sit for at least an hour and gently scrub grease away with a sponge.
- Lone Socks: We know you’ve been wondering what to do with those lone socks from the dryer. Well, there are a ton of DIY cleaning hacks that can put those lone wolfs to good use! From dusting helpers to replacement Swiffer pads, the possibilities are endless. Put them on your hands and get into those hard-to-reach places around the sink and wipe down oddly shaped items that dusters miss. From windowsills to blinds, it’s clear you can teach an old sock new tricks.
- Toothpaste Tips: While toothpaste was invented for clean teeth, there are many other household items you can clean, too! Ironically, grab a toothbrush and some dirty sneakers. You can make your rubber-soled shoes look like new with a little elbow grease. Toothpaste can also help fixtures, such as faucets and pulls, sparkle again.
- Clogged Showerhead: Limescale can cause several problems in the bathroom, from water pressure issues to skin inflammation. Let your showerhead soak in a small bowl of vinegar, and your problems will be solved in just a few hours.
- Pet Hair: Don’t have a lint roller on hand? No problem! Grab a rubber glove and drag your hand across surfaces like your couches and bedding for a quick fix! You’ll be amazed at how much fur you can recover with this simple trick!
With these new tips, your home will look good as new, but sometimes, a deep clean is necessary. Companies like Advanced Cleaning Service in Cookeville can take care of all your needs. From weekly cleaning to a monthly deep clean, they can take care of it all! Call today, and let the pros do the work!